Wanting to connect a Unifi Talk phone on the shore side of my unifi talk system onboard a ship

I’m running a few VM’s on my shore side server that connects to various ships. (830X onboard) This is all setup and running flawlessly for months now.

on the ship i’m running unifi talk and all is great. I’m running the unifi talk console through my speedfusion link on shore for static ip purposes. This basically makes unifi talk work. (will not work reliably on incoming calls without it)

I would like to add 1 phone at the shore location on the same lan of the lan the unifi talk system on the ship.(lets just say default lan)

I’m not very familiar with the HyperV virtual network configurations on my server. I’m not finding any good info for my application to help me out.

Can someone advise me on how to configure the virtual switch to communicate with the proper vlan. (untagged) that is being routed through the speedfusion hub?

I have several physical ethernet ports available on the shore side VM. My hopes would be to map one of these physical ports to the untagged default lan (10.1.20.1/24)

The end goal is to have this one unifi talk phone setup to the onboard unifi talk application as an extension for direct dialing from ship to shore and from shore to ship via extension calling only.

I’m sure its possible but unsure how to do the VM config.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi There!

Just so I understand this correctly… You’re essentially wanting to map the phone / UniFi from your vessel, through FusionHub VM and directly to your shoreside UniFi host so you can make extension calling?

You’d want to use the firewall to map traffic from your UniFi host through to the right WAN/SFC and then equally match incoming firewall rules on the other side?

Be great for you to make a visio drawing with your scenario and play it our first this way. Then we can help fill in the blanks.

As explained, the unifi talk application(host) is running on the ship. That network traffic(Native Vlan) is running through the speefusion to the speefusion hub.

i can ping the unifi controller from the fusionhub so I know that traffic is onshore within the fusionhub.

Its unclear to me how to break that out physically to connect 1 phone to it for ext to ext dialing from ship/shore shore/ship.

If i can do that without another peplink router that would be great. Just for testing purposes. Once I test and make sure the latency’s will allow for this to work as planned I will be using a balance 20x or similar to connect to the fusionhub from the intended office that will have the shore phone installed.

I hope that clears things up. I’m on the road and can’t visio anytime soon…

Hey Dominic,

Apologies for late reply here.

I think I get what you’re wanting to do.

There’s currently no way to add more WAN or LAN interfaces of VLANs on a FusionHub server. This has been requested and being worked through by Peplink.
Essentially making FusionHub work more like a real router for advanced internal routing as you’re wanting to do.

Alternatively, you could of course use a B20x which is veyr cost effective and just use for Speedfusion VOICE routing.