wan v lan

i have fiber optics and starlink. i want to combine them with peplink so i can balance or increase the upload with starlink. does the fiber go into the lan port and starlink to wan? does it matter?

With Peplink you need to identify internet access links as WANs. Either by using a physical WAN port or by using a Virtual WAN (VLAN) assigned to a LAN port, or by using WIFI WAN on those devices that support it.

1 Like

One WAN source can also be plugged into a USB port using a USB-Ethernet adapter. Probably best for the slower WAN option.

Balance routers can balance between multiple Internet connections on their own using a number of different formulas. However, if you want the speed combined so it appears to be one fast pipe, then you need to step up to Speed Fusion. For example, if one connection is 900Mbps and another is 60Mbps, then you need Speed Fusion to get a speed of 960Mbps. But if you can live with most devices using the 900Mbps connection and only a few using the 60Mbps connection, then you have everything you need as soon as you unbox the router.

mostly interested in more upload speed on the the starlink side