WAN prioritization problem

Hello,

I have two wired WAN connections, one cable (15Mbps download speed - I’ll call it C15) and one DSL (3 Mbps download speed - I’ll call it D3). I obviously want the traffic to use C15 as much as possible, but it is unfortunately the least reliable. If it goes down completely, the typical Outbound rules easily accommodate this, but in my case, C15 usually just degrades to 2k-3k latency. Is there a way to set up an Outbound Policy that uses latency beyond a certain threshold, but below that uses priority? If I simply use “Fastest Response”, D3 will often get used, even if the latency is very close between the two, but then the connection suffers from the slow download speed. What I’d like to do is use an Overflow rule to prioritize C15, unless the latency for C15 is above 500ms (for example), but switch to D3 when C15’s latency is high.

Thanks,

Mark

I can’t think of a way to do it with outbound policies.

This kind of logic for multi WANs is why Speedfusion was created really. In speedfusion you could set latency cut off for the C15 WAN but use weighted distribution that favours it over D3…

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I’ll work on the SFC rules, then. I recently switched to IC2 management to take advantage of the SaaS flexibility, so I’ll play with a strategy for SFC. I really don’t want to send TB of app/software updates, recreational streaming, etc. through SFC, so I can’t just flip the switch on it and leave it at that…

Again, I really appreciate the quick reply - best regards,

Mark

1 Like