Wan ports missing.

I have two identical BR1Minis running the same firmware (8.1.1s033 build 5014). I had them configured pretty much the same but just turned them on to se one is missing several WAN network adapters. The unit in question was also missing the OpenVPN adapter until I switched firmware around. I have gone through the configurations for hours, searched online, reset to factory defaults, and tried different firmware versions.

Is this just something simple that I am missing? Thanks!

Looks like one BR1 Mini has had the wan feature activation applied and the other one hasn’t.
You’ll need to buy MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS for the one that’s missing it.

Thanks Martin. Indeed I was using wan functionality before. Maybe a firmware update made it loose it’s mind?

They both say they have “OpenVPN WAN License” applied

I see. well not much you can do apart from a factory reset. Then if that doesn’t work log a ticket with engineering for review.

@Johnathan_Hottell Please open support ticket, will take a closer look for you.

Thanks, I opened a ticket and they informed me I have to purchase WAN functionality for the BR1 minis (MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS) like Martin mentioned. How one worked and the other didn’t is still a question. I went ahead and purchased the licenses above and it fixed up my modem with missing WAN failover, and I purchased the same for the working modem to just make sure it doesn’t fail later.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like