WAN Port Activation License for Balance One reduced bandwidth from 300 to 200 instead to increase it to 400 as advertised

We recently purchased the WAN Port Activation License for Balance One.

It states that in addition to Define LAN 1-3 to WAN 3-5 it will allow the router throughput of the Balance One / Balance One Core to be changed to 400Mbps if this license is activated.
Well, my performance went actually reduced from 300Mbps to less than 200Mbps!!
I rebooted the unit and no change.

The balance one is connected to a 1Gbps fiber and a 200Mbps Cable modem. I double checked that the speed test is always on the fiber WAN

Please advice

Just curious, you are connecting 1Gbps + 200Mbps WAN link to the Balance Core ? This is definitely under sizing. Are you setting up the device just for testing purpose ?

Back to your issue:

1. May i know what tools is use for the performance test ?
  2. You mention the performance is reduce from 300Mbps to 200Mbps, do you mean you only get 300Mbps prior to the WAN Port Activation ?
  3. What Operating system use for the performance test ?
  4. May i know the QOS feature is turn on when you perform the performance test ?
1 Like

Just curious, you are connecting 1Gbps + 200Mbps WAN link to the Balance Core ? This is definitely under sizing. Are you setting up the device just for testing purpose ?

No. The WAN is also connected to a system that utilizes the full 1Gbps in special times

1. I used Speedtest (Before and after the Peplink)
    2 950Mbps before the Pelink, 200Mbps to 5 different servers located to 5ms away (The system is in Silicon Valley)
  2. OS X
  3. none (all off)

First of all i would like to clarify that Balance One router throughput is 600Mbps (Without WAN Port Activation) and router throughput will be changed to 400Mbps when WAN Activation License (BPL-ONE-LC-5WAN) is activated. Detail info, please refer to the URL below.

For your case, this is very weird that you only get 300Mbps for the performance test. Please open a support ticket here for support team to check.

1 Like

I’m getting only 200Mbps

How do I de-active this?

When I order this feature, I ordered meanly because I wanted to get 400Mbps (2X of what I have now)

Please open a support ticket for support team to check.

https://contact.peplink.com/secure/create-support-ticket.html

1 Like

How do I de-activate the feature?

You can’t deactivate it as a normal user. Peplink Support team should be able to help and can likely deactivate it using a remote assistance session. Log a ticket,

1 Like

If I only active 2 WAN ports, can I have back the high speed? Or we need to deactivate the license?