WAN from another location.

Sorry in advance for long post, but it is hard to explain my issue I need help with…

I livestream sports. I have a Studio Trailer where my Br1 Pro 5g is installed. It is connected to a switch. Call it switch 1

This switch is connected to another switch in the press box over fiber. Call this one switch 2

Sometimes there is internet available in the press box. I would like to plug that into switch 2 and then traverse over to switch 1 and then plug that into WAN on peplink for my WAN link.

Obviously LAN from peplink will need to go back to switch 1 to do it’s normal job of routing.

One might say to just use another fiber link. That would cost me a thousand plus dollars for another 1000 ft of fiber. Sometimes I am that far away.

Thoughts???

This could be done in two ways:

1. Use a “WAN on VLAN”, which will allow you to create a VLAN on the LAN port and use it as a WAN. You would then need to create that VLAN on all the switches, trunk it between them all and then have an access (untagged) port in that VLAN where the internet connection was connected. This is a licensed feature but you will get one for free in firmware 8.3.0 on the BR1 Pro 5G.

2. Again using an 8.3.0 feature-> synergy mode. You would connect another Peplink router of some sort to the internet in the press box and join it to the main Peplink acting as a synergy controller. The main Peplink could then control/configure the WAN on the 2nd Peplink itself.

1 Like