WAN Failed Smartcheck

Hi,
I have a Pepwave Max BR1 MK2. Current firmware 8.0.0
I have had no trouble running AT&T in SIM A slot but since moving countries and changing to a different SIM in slot B, twice now it has failed WAN Smartcheck and won’t reconnect. (The first time it reconnected after a number of hours for no reason at all)
Health check settings…
Method: Smartcheck
Timeout: 5secs
Interval: 5 secs
Health check retries: 5
Recovery retries: 5

Any advice would be great, thanks

Hi,
we have this problem with one provider also, sometimes. My way to solve this issue; increase the Timeout to 10 sec. In some (slow) areas, I also change the method to ping or http.

Give it a try :wink:

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately none of these suggestions got me connected :pensive:

You have only one SIM installed, right?
Please disable the Healthcheck to test.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,
Sorry for the delay in replying I haven’t had chance to try while disabling the health check- what does this actually do?

I still have not managed to get the SIM in slot B connected, I have only 1 SIM from this particular provider. However 2 days ago I tested the other SIM in SIM slot A (it’s complicated but I was just close enough to the other country) and it connects.

Thanks

Nathan

Hello,

I disabled Healthcheck and it connected instantly? Can you tell me if this is ok to continue to be disabled?!

Thanks

Nathan

Yes that’s fine. You need it on multi-wan to identify failed connections. On a single active WAN it can just get in the way sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ok then I will just leave it disabled

1 Like

So the plot thickens, with Smart Check disabled it connects instantly- however it is not completely perfect. I have now realised that my 4x smart TV’s which are on a wired connection have no internet connection… for some reason the Pepwave does not like the network switch that they are plugged into, also I have a Harmony hub remote which connects through WiFi and that wouldn’t connect… as soon as I plug the basic Huawei back in everything works perfect…
Before the Peplink started failing the smart check and with the smart check on it worked perfect for a week and Netflix on all TV’s worked…

Hi,

sorry, I was not on my computer :wink:

Disabling the Healthcheck means, that the router is not checking some parameters like speed, DNS and so on. So with only one SIM-Card it’s not problem.

For your TVs, you have to check the IP-Addresses. You can check the Client-List in the Peplink Status. Test it with a notebook…

Best wishes
Dennis

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply, I got in touch with Peplink and they recommended I select the DNS health check and set the look up figures to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it has worked fine ever since.

Thanks for your help

Nathan