WAN: Ethernet or USB with hotspot

Given modest downstream speeds from a USB-tethered hotspot (say 40-100 Mbps down), is there any reason that an Ethernet connection would be better for the WAN interface to the Surf Soho? Does an Ethernet WAN connection offer any stability or performance benefits over the USB WAN?

Asking because I am contemplating replacing my existing Inseego MiFi 200 the newly released Inseego MiFi XG Pro that has an Ethernet port.

I don’t require more than a single WAN interface (the hotspot - through Calyx - is my sole Internet connection).

Why not use on of the integrated cellular Peplink models?

Terms of Calyx Service means that the SIM stays in the hotspot (although lots of people move it over to a cellular modem). For my needs, connecting the hotspot via USB has worked without issue so far without breaking TOS. Just wondering if there was any reason to take advantage of the Ethernet port on the new hotspot. Seems like - with the speeds I’m getting - that throughput won’t be an issue one way or another. Not sure if there is any other benefit to using Ethernet instead.