VOICE,DATA and VLAN routing through PEPLINK 580

recommendations was hoping someone could guide me, we are doing a lab and expecting our 580 soon, so my story is i want a vlan for voice and vlan for data and maybe bit later for printers and so on, i have a HP switch that the whole lab is connected to getting dhcp from a windows server, so what i want to know (help) is i want the phones and the pc to work on the same port and have the peplink do the routing, so what i understand from above is as in the config below, then im not to sure on what i need to do on the peplink to do the vlans to chat to each other.

J9147A Configuration Editor; Created on release #W.15.13.0014
; Ver #05:18.63.ff.35.05:b1
hostname “HP-2910al-48G”
module 1 type j9147a
ip default-gateway 172.16.2.2
interface 31
flow-control
exit
snmp-server community “public” unrestricted
vlan 1
name “DEFAULT_VLAN”
no untagged 1-30,33-34
untagged 31-32,35-48
ip address 172.16.2.1 255.255.254.0
exit
vlan 10
name “DATA”
untagged 1-30,33-34
no ip address
exit
vlan 20
name “VOICE”
tagged 33-48
no ip address

Under: Network> LAN> Network Settings, click on the “?” in the upper right hand corner to define multiple VLANs. Once they are defined inter-VLAN routing is enabled by default.

1 Like

And the config i pasted that i did on the hp switch would that be fine ? And on the peplink after i enable the vlan option do i just create the vlans and the peplink will route the vlans to chat to each other ?

how do i do this please im a starter at this

Hello @clayherb,
Can we suggest you start from within InControl2, setting up you VLANs here for your devices gives you an enhanced way to managed them, follow the guide published here

Once you’ve gone through that you can then proceed with creating your VLANs in your Peplink system.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: