VLAN Port Tag AP LAN Ports

I have a network with multiple VLANs, I wanted to setup a wireless bridge to a remote building with some access control. I would be nice to port tag (Access VLAN 100) the ports on an AP so that the devices connected to that port would be VLAN 100. At this time, all I see is LAN options (like a router) instead of a switch.

1 Like

What AP model and firmware are you using?

1 Like

Ap One Flex

1 Like

Interesting,
My AP one 300 M and AP one Enterprise seem to support what you want.
Do you have a “Ethernet Port” menu on the left?

This is from a
AP One Enterprise HW2 3.6.1 build 1889

What firmware are you running?

1 Like

I believe Peter is referring to the firmware 3.7.x and above. We have a plan to do the port-based VLAN. Thanks for your feature request.

1 Like

is there an ETA on this? why is it on 3.6.1 but not 3.7.x?

1 Like

I have 3.9.0 build 1067 AP FLEX ONE does not have this feature

1 Like

Will this firmware come out soon?

We just put in an order for the new AP One rugged with 3x ethernet ports (release date in September). Going through the manual it does not cover info on VLAN port tagging but specs say full support for 802.1q. I assume an AP with multiple ethernet ports would also function as a managed switch, is this not true? Will firmware support this functionality upon release date or in future?

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Any update on adding VLAN port tag on AP’s with multiple ports? I opened a ticket last September about this (just after I purchased two AP One Ruggeds) Peplink said it’s in the pipeline. Is there an ETA?
Thanks!