Visible & Visible + new Core Verizon Plans / new sim

Anyone tried a new visible plan with peplink yet ?
I know the older / current plans work decen with ttl adjustment but do have high pings. Seems new plans use VZ core

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/wqok4o/visible_launches_two_new_plans_visible_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I used to have the original Visible Party Pay plan, and just upgraded to the new plan today. I was able to get my MAX BR1 MK2 working with the new Visible plan but I had to make one change.
Basically all the same settings as the old plan, just had to change the APN from “vsblinternet” to “vzwinternet”

WAN connection settings, Network Mode: Generic
Cellular Settings, Operator Settings: Custom
Cellular Settings, APN: vzwinternet

That is great news indeed. I did the same about 60 days back and too had sucess. I did see speed slowdown my 1st month after used the GB noted in plan but speed picked back up after billing cycle for 2nd month started.

Have you dealt with the 2 factor (SMS code to your Visible #) they are pushing on accounts now ?

Unfortunately, the only way I’ve found to get the SMS code is that I have to put the Visible SIM back into my Visible cell phone. After I’ve made my account changes, I put the SIM back into my Pepwave. If you know a better way to deal with this let me know ;-).

Thanks

You can receive text messages on the router. Look for the SIM toolkit (on the max series you find it on the Advanced > SIM toolkit pane, on the Balance 20X it is found on the Network > SIM toolkit pane). Attached an example from an HD2.

Cheers,

Z

2 Likes

Thank you for this!

Thank you, this is good to know.
Is there anything else I need to do to see messages? I don’t seem to be getting them, even after hitting the refresh button.

Thanks.

You’re in the correct area. Can you send a test message from another phone to your number? If you do not have another phone to test with, please send me a private message and I can send a test SMS for you.

EDIT: SMS receive and Visible 2FA short codes via SMS Toolkit. I needed to update my cellular module firmware. See notes in thread above

I tried this on my Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G, on 8.2.1s027 build 5039 and never get my messages. If I put sim in a phone I get messages fine. Asked my vendor (mobile must have) who esclated to Peplink. They conveyed message that SMS toolkit does not receive messages for my unit … BOOOOOO !!
For anyone else following this. Have tried 8.3 and still not getting SMS messages. Dedicated a thread in larger forum over here Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

I’d upgrade to the latest firmware and test again.

I can confirm 8.3.0 build 5229 shows SMS under Advanced → SIM Toolkit → WAN= Cellular → Tool= SMS.

How did you upgrade? I moved my SIM to my Verizon IPhone 13 and it said the phone is incompatible. Could it be because it’s on Verizon and not on Visible?

I had the same phone and upgraded through Visible’s website. When I logged on to my account there was a big message talking about the upgrade. I clicked it, filled out some questions and they sent me a new SIM overnight. I put the new SIM into my Visible phone and completed the upgrade. Then I moved the SIM into my Peplink BK1 MK2.

Hope this helps.

I have a max transit ltea. I am a total novice but I did get my att sim to work last year but I cancelled it. Got the visible+ plan and the cheapest phone. I hope I can get it to work! May need lots of help