Verizon ip version 6

IP addresses are getting an upgrade.

On June 30, 2017, Verizon will stop issuing new Public Static IPv4 addresses due to a shortage of available addresses. Customers that currently have active Public Static IPv4 addresses will retain those addresses, and Verizon will continue to fully support existing Public Static IPv4 addresses. In order to reserve new IP addresses, your company will need to convert to the Persistent Prefix IPv6 requirements and implement new Verizon-certified IPv6 devices.

Why should you make the move to Persistent Prefix IPv6?

• Unlike IPv4, which is limited to a 32-bit prefix, Persistent Prefix IPv6 has 128-bit addressing scheme, which aligns to current international agreements and standards.

• Persistent Prefix IPv6 will provide the device with an IP address unique to that device that will remain with that device until the address is relinquished by the user (i.e., when the user moves the device off the Verizon Wireless network).

• IPv4-only devices are not compatible with Persistent Prefix IPv6 addresses.

I received this from Verizon how will this effect future sim cards on the Max

Your business is important to us, and we want to work closely with you to manage any requirements for the new service. Contact your Verizon account representative or call our dedicated business support team at 800.922.0204 to answer questions you have and to start your transition to Persistent Prefix IPv6.

We look forward to continuing to support your business needs and making your transition to Persistent Prefix IPv6 as seamless as possible.

Verizon retracted that message and apologized for sending that out. A new date has not been determined yet and they stated they have plenty of static IPv4 addresses to go around for quite some time.

Thanks.

Thanks Tim u do man. Wonder why I did not receive the retraction

Tony Moore

Technical Services Manager

GUARD 1 SERVICES, LLC
50 Briar Hollow Lane, Suite 460E

Houston, TX 77027
Office: 800-994-2133
Cell: 713-858-8161
[email protected]
www.guard1serviceshttp://www.guard1services

----- Reply message -----