Verizon Certification Status (2022)

@Geoffrey_Reynolds you are surely not the first to end up in this hotspot/router limbo. Unfortunately the carriers often segment these devices into very different plans and price structures. There is nothing that we are able to do to impact our devices eligibility for these types of plans.

Hi Team,
Is there a status/ETA on Verizon certification for the MAX-HD4-MBX-5GD-T?

Also, can you explain the meaning of the “On Hold” for the Transit 5G? Is there a problem?

Following up again on the Transit 5G certification status. Why is it showing “On Hold” now?

Hi Topher, we are currently working on that. Our target schedule is Jan-2022.

I have received reports from different people who have recently purchased Peplink BR1 Pro 5G’s. It appears they were successful in connecting to the Verizon network by installing sims previously used in Peplink products certified for use in the Verizon network. In some cases, the sims are associated with older grandfathered plans & some are current data only plans. Looking at the information posted above, the unit referenced is not yet certified for use on the Verizon network.
On the surface, it appears if one has a Peplink device currently on the Verizon network, it would be a reasonable course of action to put the activated Verizon sim in a non certified Peplink device & it’s likely to work.
That brings me to my question. Can anyone definitively explain what is involved with certification & what is its significance with regards to the device functioning on a given cellular network (in this case Verizon)? Further, can anyone articulate what role, if any, Peplink has in the certification process with the carrier? Why do Peplink products seem to lag behind certification with Verizon (in particular) while your competitors appear to have their next generation 5G products already certified with this carrier?
What ever it (certification) is, or supposed to be, it only seems to apply to units with newly provisioned Peplink units where one acquires a new sim card (new line & # activation) & you provide the IMEI # to someone.
Has anyone been able to activate any of the above referenced devices on the Verizon network where you acquire a new phone # & sim?
Apologize for the rambling & thanks in advance for any responses.

The Max Transit 5G seems to have disappeared from this list. The last update indicated “On Hold”. My IMEI is still not accepted by Verizon.

Peplink Team: Please provide a status for Verizon certification for Max Transit 5G. The lack of status or explanation is making me nervous about the future of this relatively new device!

The Max Transit 5G seems to have disappeared from this list. The last update indicated “On Hold”. My IMEI is still not accepted by Verizon.

Peplink Team: Please provide a status for Verizon certification for Max Transit 5G. The lack of status or explanation is making me nervous about the future of this relatively new device!

@gg.ia
Please copy this message, with the S/N of your device, and email it to [email protected].
We will follow up with you via email.

Thank you. I have the same concern as gg.ia. I reached out to the address you provided.