Use BR1 as backup on point to point network

We have two sites that we have been using BR1s at, with cellular as the only form of communication, and a PepVPN back to a balance. We are getting ready to build a point-to-point link to these two locations, and was wondering if it is possible to use the BR1 for cellular backup, in case the link fails on the p2p. I don’t really want to use PepVPN for the p2p link, because of the speed restrictions of the BR1 VPN (we’re hoping for 200-300Mbps speed between the links).

From your description, it sounds like you’d be using 2 routers at each of the two sites (your main p2p router and the BR1) and a Balance at the third. The Balance would have a p2p link with each of the sites’ main router and then the main routers would utilize a second WAN port to connect to the LAN port of the BR1s. If I’ve understood that correctly, it should be a problem to use the BR1s cellular for back up. You would just need to come up with an IP scheme that will work and route things properly. I’m currently doing this with four pfSense routers each with cable or DSL ISP connections on one WAN port and BR1s plugged in on the second WAN port for backup. Basically, you give your main router’s second WAN port an address fro the BR1s LAN and router the network accordingly. It can be done but has added more to manage for the past 3 years. Since we were due for router upgrades, I just started to upgrade to Balance 305s at my remote sites and a Balance 380 at my main site earlier today.