USB WAN is given LAN IP address

I’m using Balance One with 3 WANs. Cable HSI, DSL, and LTE USB stick (Alcatel W800).

When I plug the USB stick into the Balance One 6.2.0 build 1847 it appears to grab a LAN address 192.168.0.9 that is managed by our DHCP server.

Is this a setting changeable within the Balance One settings?

Your USB stick also has a DHCP server running so you should be able to log into it with a PC directly and change it to a different address.

Thanks. I will give that a try.

OK. I logged into the USB stick from a laptop and disabled DHCP. I just tried plugging it back into the Balance One, and I’m getting the same issue: it is assigned an internal IP address.

Besides double checking that the settings were saved, do you have any other suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Hi Cyclops,

USB sticks, if they dont have a public static IP will be handing out an internal address from its own DHCP server, so this is normal behavior on the USB side of things. with that being said, you should be able to assign the USB a completely separate network so it will not conflict with your internal networks etc.

for example if the LAN of the balance is 192.168.1.x /24 - you could change your USB network to be say 192.168.100.x /24 - this way there is no routing confusion caused by the overlapping subnets on the LAN/WAN

Thanks,
Taylor