Usability requests

A couple of simple usability requests:

When you hit the “Apply Changes” button - please return me to the page I was on when I hit that button instead of the Dashboard page.

Under Network -> Firewall new rules are placed second to last in the list (just above the default rule). Please allow the interface to enable me to drag a new rule up the list, rather then having to drag every rule down if I want the new rule to be processed first.

thanks
-dave

Hi Pep_Dave,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are constantly looking for feedback from our Customer Base for improvements on the Peplink Design. We will consider your requests for the GUI refinement with the Engineering Team and if they are able to be implemented via future firmware update, we will make sure to announce this to everyone.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is appreciated!

It would be great to have the ability to dump firewall rules to a file, edit the file, and upload the firewall rules from the file. This would make it much easier to manage the firewall. Once you get 20 or 30 rules, the web interface starts to become more of a hinderance then a help.

Yest being able to load firewall rule from a file would be great.

also It would be nice if we had the option to telnet into the router rather then use the web GUI. (I’m using a Balance 20 maybe its just this model, but I would think all of them would have an option to telnet in.)

The ability to use SSH to connect to Peplink devices is in the new upcoming firmware :slight_smile:

But there isn’t any access to the ‘good stuff’ like FW rulesets via SSH is there (yet??!) :slight_smile:

Hi Guys,

You’re right, the CLI interface coming out soon is going to have a limited featureset. Engineering is still “tinkering” on what will be accessable. Once that’s locked down, we will make sure to let everyone know.