Upgrading Modem Support Package

Hi all,

We will provide the firmware with latest modem package. Stay tuned.

Thank you! I’ll be waiting patiently… :slight_smile:

Dutch

Hi all,

Here you go!

Thank you! I’ve got the file, and I’ll give it a go shortly…

On edit: I’ve installed the 1.0.28 (build:1274) firmware with the 1019 modem package, and it’s working nicely with my Novatel 6620L. Thank you very much for following up on this!

Dutch

Let me know If I should start a new thread for this…

I read this thread, and downloaded the 1.0.28 (Build 1274) firmware for my Pepwave Surf On The Go, and still cannot get my Verizon USB730l USB modem to work. The web site shows this modem needs support pack 1022, but this firmware installed modem service package 1019. So the question remains - is my Verizon USB modem not working with the Pepwave because I do not have the correct modem support pack? And if so, how can I get pack 1022 downloaded?

Dave

The modem support version should be updated in the upcoming firmware release. Please open ticket if this is urgent.

1 Like

Thanks for the info TK - I did not realize my USB modem was a recently new model. We use this in the motor home when we go camping, and the weather is beginning to turn and I will be winterizing the motor home soon - so this is not an urgent issue for me. The WiFi connection works fine in my Surf On The Go!

Dave

I’ve now upgraded my firmware to 1.0.30, and the modem support pack is still 1019. When/how can we get support pack 1022??

Dave

We are preparing the firmware. It should be available by next week.

1 Like

@dadepfan, we will provide the firmware by next week. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

1 Like

@dadepfan, I PM you the firmware link.

1 Like

Can you PM me the firmware as well? Looks like I will need it if I am to use the USB730L with my Pepwave.

@Techguy, check your PM.

2 Likes

@TK_Liew can you please send me the link to the latest modem support package?

Thanks,
Tony

@gohogs4life, please check your PM.

1 Like

Same issue with the 730 and the 1019 modem package. I am in need of the 1022, anyone have any luck getting it from the manufacturer or want to share it? Seems like there are a few of us with the same crazy ideas:)

I need the link also

@brad.kuntz and @HellCatCharger. Here you go.

https://download.peplink.com/firmware/sotg/fw_010101b01_build_1329.bin

If you still have problem with this firmware, please submit ticket. Please prepare environment below (the photo below just an example) and turn on Remote Assistance (Dashboard > Settings > Misc) on the SOTG.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded and 1022 is loaded. Modem is not recognized as novatel it says “tethering” - also I’m getting no authentication just as I did before the update. I’m am testing this feverishly, going off grid in a matter of hours. Hoping you all follow up on the trouble ticket I opened, so far noncontact. is this item EOL? no support?

@streaksys, you may try this firmware - https://download.peplink.com/firmware/sotg/fw_010101b08_build_1341.bin.

One of the customers confirmed 730L is working with this firmware here.

1 Like