Unsupported 4G USB modem support requested, status?

Dear Sirs,

I sent a support request for a Huawei E5786 4G USB modem which is unsupported on July 17,2015.
I received an automated response with ticket # 753700
As per your site, I have activated remote assistance, and have had the modem connected to the Peplink 30 since.
I have received no further response from your support team.
Can you provide an estimate on when the support engineer can attend to my case, and does remote assistance being on for so long constitute a security risk?

Best Regards,

Hi,

Engineering team is working on it. They will feedback to you asap.

Remote Assistance is needed during the troubleshooting session since Engineering team will access your unit on and off. Remote Assistance will not create risk since it only accessible by Peplink support and engineering team.

Thanks for your patient.

Hi, I also really want this device to be supported and I hope it is soon. It is probably the most advanced hotspot out there for the size and price so I think it is going to become more and more popular as people find out about it (especially now since it is much more widely available). Finally, Dovado fully supports this device (and their products are not very good in my opinion) and has supported it since last year so I am a bit confused why Peplink doesn’t yet. Please support it ASAP! Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback Bastiat. We actually have this modem in our lab and our working on the drivers for it. We expect this modem to be fully supported by the end of the month.

That’s great…thanks!

Hi again, do you have an updated schedule for the e5786 and the next firmware update? I was looking at the firmware/support page and didn’t see an updated firmware for the Peplink Balance and Pepwave Max devices. Thanks again!

Hello,

We are still currently working on the new firmware, I don’t have a ETA at this time.

OK, great, thanks!

It has been 3 months since I initiated a support request for the Huawei E5786 hotspot.
I understand that you have this device in your lab since 2 months, and are working on a compatible driver.
Any idea when that will be ready?
I really look forward to be able to use this Cat6 hotspot directly connected to my Peplink.

Thanks

Yeah, I am definitely wondering about this, too. Hopefully, it is soon. Thanks.

Hello,

I will ping USB engineering team to see where things are at with this particular modem.

Thank you!

Hi all,

We need more time to develop the driver since it is a new LTE CAT6 modem. We will keep you posted the update.

Thank you.

Thanks TK, I really hope it is soon because we’ve been talking about this device for awhile now and Dovado has supported this device for almost a year (since late October 2014) and it is one of the most cutting edge hotspots in terms of hardware (but Huawei’s OS and software leaves much to be desired). Dovado only had it at 150mbps at first but in early November 2014, they claimed to have gotten it to 300mbps.

I am using an e5786 via a Dovado Pro to connect to my Pepwave Max OTG and ultimately, to my Balance One. Also, Dovado is a much smaller company with lower quality products so hopefully, you can support this device soon, too. Thanks again!

Noted. Engineering team is working hard to develop the driver. Anyway thanks for info.

No problem, yep I am just saying they could do it in stages, too. First, support it for 150mbps or whatever and then work on the maximum speed later.

Hi,

Wondering if there is any progress on supporting the Huawei E5786?

This is a system log of the Dovado Tiny establishing a usb connection to the modem:

Jan 1 00:00:09 info System: The router has started!
Jan 1 00:00:03 info USB: Detected new item: Vendor=0x12d1, Product=0x15ca
Jan 1 00:00:04 info DHCP Server: Client with MAC address 10:56:xx:xx:xx:xx got IP 10.0.9.100
Jan 1 00:00:10 info USB: Detected new item: Vendor=0x12d1, Product=0x1506
Jan 1 03:00:42 info USB: Detected new item: Vendor=0x12d1, Product=0x15ca
Jan 1 03:00:48 info USB: Detected new item: Vendor=0x12d1, Product=0x1506
Jan 1 03:00:55 info DHCP Client: Lease of 192.168.9.100 has been obtained on interface usb1, lease time 86400 seconds.
Jan 1 03:01:51 info DHCP Client: Lease of 192.168.9.100 has been obtained on interface usb1, lease time 86400 seconds.
Jan 1 03:02:11 info Time zone: No timezone configured. Configuring it now!
Jan 1 03:02:12 info Time zone: Setting autodetected continent (xxx) and time zone (xxx).
Jan 1 03:02:13 info APN: Using dynamic APN. No need to scan!
Jan 1 03:02:14 info Modem: Modem has registered to the 4G-network.
Jan 1 03:02:18 info Time zone: No timezone configured. Configuring it now!
Jan 1 03:02:19 info Time zone: Setting autodetected continent (xxx) and time zone (xxx).
Jan 1 03:02:20 info APN: Using dynamic APN. No need to scan!
Jan 1 03:02:24 info Modem: Modem has registered to the 4G-network.
Nov 18 14:51:10 info DHCP Client: Lease of 192.168.9.100 has been obtained on interface usb1, lease time 86400 seconds.
Nov 18 14:51:17 info System: Time has been updated: Wed Nov 18 14:51:17 xxx 2015
Nov 18 14:51:44 info Time zone: No timezone configured. Configuring it now!
Nov 18 14:51:44 info Time zone: Setting autodetected continent (xxx) and time zone (xxx).
Nov 18 14:51:44 info APN: Using dynamic APN. No need to scan!
Nov 18 14:52:01 info System: Time has been updated: Wed Nov 18 14:52:01 xxx 2015
Nov 18 14:54:23 info Connection Tracker: USB1 connected to the Internet

Hopefully it can be of help to your lab with the driver development.

Thanks

Yep me, too. It has been almost 4 months since Zoloft originally asked and it has been a couple of months since we’ve had a firmware update on the Balances and PW Max’s. Should we expect anything any time soon? Thanks!

Hi,

I posted a system log above in the hope that it can assist your lab in supporting the E5786.
Have you been able to convey it to your engineering team?

Thanks

Hi Zoloft,

This is well noted by the engineering team. Thanks for the info.

I will continue chase engineering team for the update.

Thank you.