I want to check a few things about the VPN options for my HD4 to B380 secure networking as I find the manual somewhat confusing. Setup:
• All units are on 7.1.0 Firmware.
• I have one SF setup between the B380 and the HD4 across all the available HD4 Cell WANs to the B380 fixed line WAN.
• There are no VLANS
• Drop in not used
• There are no IPSEC VPN set up
• The HD4 it set to “send all traffic” to B380 under Advanced->SF
• Wan smoothing is off.
• Outbound policy is set as below image with default set as Auto = Lowest Latency
• Mutiple tunnels as per Outbound policies within a PepVPN or SpeedFusion tunnel not turned on.
In the above scenario the SF controls which of the 4 active cell routes to send packets down and the outbound policies/load balance algorithms have no effect – correct?
If I turn off the 256 encryptions for the PepVPN profile in question (both ends) then in theory if one of the 4 cell channels was accessed they would get part of the data packets that are on that channel which is of little use – correct?
If I turn OFF the HD4 “send all traffic” to B380 under Advanced->SF then what controls the routing? If there is no other SF or IPsec VPN then does it still all go down the SF tunnel? If there were another SF or IPSec VPN what controls the routing?
I still not 100% clear what the difference is between the following and the mix available assuming the unit is licenced for all 3. I just want to be 100 % sure on my case justification for using each – especially when it comes to load balance policies.
a. SF connection
b. PepVPN connection
c. Ipsec VPN Connection