Unable to connect to Starlink GUI when Starlink outbound connection is lost

My configuration:
Peplink MaxTransit + Starlink on WAN port (wired connection)

I configured Management IP on Starlink WAN to 192.168.100.100 /24. When Starlink is online I am able to connect to the GUI, when on my Peplink local WiFi. However if the HealthCheck fails for Starlink and it is marked as Offline in Peplink UI, I can no longer connect to Starlink GUI. It is as if Peplink blocks this connection when it detects that WAN network is ‘not healthy’. If I am on the Starlink local WiFi directly, I can still connect to GUI in that condition.

Any idea how to tell MaxTransit to get that connection through?

Regards,
Maciek

Just to add and clarify.

I’m basically following the setup described here: Starlink / App (Dish Management) Access / Peplink - #25 by Madcodger

When Starlink has healthy outbound connection, I can use 192.168.100.1 to manage it (web interface or SL app)
When Starlink connection is unhealthy (lost signal, obstructed, etc), I cannot access 192.168.100.1 when connected to Peplink LAN. However I can access 192.168.100.1 when connected directly to SL WiFi/LAN.

Hence my guess that somehow Peplink blocks that connection when it sees the SL WAN status as “healthcheck failed”.

Maciek

to Fix place an enforced rule in your outbound policy…
To: 192.168.100.1
enforced choose the star link wan.

done and done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Works like a charm. Thanks a lot!

1 Like