This will likely be my last post here on this topic. I never tried tethering the Galaxy because in my heart I knew what the result would be. Instead I decided to simply test my UML295 on a different 4G router. If I got the same results as the Pepwave, then I would know there was something wrong with the modem.
Well, i didn’t get the same results. The new 4G router is posting the speeds I should have been getting with the Pepwave SOTG. I am seeing regularly 12-14mbs download speed now.
Since this is a Peplink forum, I will not mention the brand, but I will say is was not a Peplink brand. Either my device is defective or the firmware is in need of repair. It is definitely not the modem.
My advice to anyone reading this post is to double check the speeds you are getting and make sure they match up with your expectations. For me, until I started getting band 4, it was never a problem because my speeds were in the 3-7 mbs download range.
To TK, your results from your testimony my was on a different modem. Maybe you could test on one of these two I used and if your results are similar to mine, maybe look into a firmware update.