Security is critical to every network, but sometimes it doesn’t work the way it is supposed to.
So here are some steps that you could take when the Two-Factor Authentication returns an error like the one below.
A) Double-check that you are using the correct account.
If you are using Two-Factor Authentication already, there is a good chance that you have multiple accounts set up already. The correct account should be labeled as “Peplink ID” (see example below).
B) Phone clock is out of sync with the Internet.
Another reason why the authenticator might not be working correctly is because the phone’s clock is not synchronized with the Internet. This synchronization is necessary for the Two-Factor Authentication to work properly.
C) Google Authenticator’s clock is out of sync with your phone.
Another clock issue, this time between the Google Authenticator app and your phone. Synchronizing the app to your phone might fix the issue.
If the actions above do not resolve the error, please follow the steps below to reset your Two-Factor Authentication.
- Click on the “I do not have the authenticator with me”. This will send you a token via email.
- Login to your email and use the token to login to Peplink ID.
- Go to https://peplinkid.peplink.com.
- In the upper right hand corner, click on the drop-down menu and select “Profile”.
- Select “Edit”.
- Click on the “Enable Two-Factor Authentication” toggle.
- Click “Save” to disable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Re-enable Two-Factor Authentication by clicking on “Edit” and then on “Enable Two-Factor Authentication”.
- Scan the QR code with the Google Authenticator.
- Input the code from your phone.
This should recreate the Two-Factor Authentication in your Google Authenticator.
If the error persists after completing all of the suggested steps, please open a ticket.