I’ve read a few posts from @MartinLangmaid and they helped alot.
I recently acquired a Balance 20 and decided to turn my Surf SOHO into an AP but would like some validation on how i configured it.
On the Balance 20
- replicated the defined network from the SOHO (1 untagged and 2 vlans)
- manually added a dhcp reservation (10.57.20.11) for the SOHO using its lan mac address
On the SOHO:
- changed the device IP to 10.57.20.11 (Balance 20 is 10.57.20.10)
- disabled DHCP on all networks
- unplugged WAN cable
- WIFI configuration and other configurations left untouched.
I connected a LAN port from the SOHO (ACCESS port type) to Lan port 4 (TRUNK) on the Balance 20.
I’m uncertain on whether i should be setting lan port 4 on the B20 to Trunk, but based on my understanding, if the device connected is capable of tagging, like the Surf SOHO, then TRUNK is proper.
For some reason, I’m not seeing the SURF SOHO as a client on the B20 client list even though i can connect to it and created a dhcp reservation for it.