Troubleshooting ios/chromecast issue

Hi,

It happens quite often that we are unable to reach our chromecasts from ios devices. For example, we start an Netflix episode but we are unable to pause it without switching WIFI on our phones on and off. I wonder if there is some sort of timeout. We use 2 iphones and an ipad pro and 2 chromecasts. The WIFI coverage seems fine. We are no further than 3 meters from our SURF SOHO mk3.

Other devices do not experience any problems. I ran a ping to see if there was any packetloss. It seems to be a problem with either iOS devices or chromecasts.

So I was wondering how to troubleshoot this en what things I need to check to do so. Any ideas? Are there any router/wifi settings that would affect iOS devices or chromecasts specifically?

Hi Niek,

I have been facing similar issue. Youtube will cast completely ok but not for Netflix. It does have an issue with Peplink router when we are casting with via Chromecast. Own the same type modem as yours.

For me the solution was to enable IGMP Snooping. Also to tune the WIFI channels to avoid interference.

1 Like