Traffic shaping for VPN

Dear all, and Peplink’s Team!
Recently, we’ve received a very interesting request for proposal that requires how to allocate VPN bandwidth on demand for each Branch office. For instance: Site1 is allocated 10% bandwidth headed to head office, Site2: 20% and so on…
Imagine the case where there are several small sites with slow ADSL connections. I’m afraid, other bigger sites will “eat” much bandwidth so traffic shaping or another mechanism is required.
Currently, I don’t know how to do that. Please do me a favor.
I think traffic shaping is a very common problem for every enterprise’s wan.
Regards!
Nguyen Vu Bao.

There is no download cap, but there is traffic shaping for newgroups and P2P in the evening weekdays and midday to midnight at weekends.

If you are using an external newsgroup provider then you can use a VPN but from what I have read the best VPN offer around 35mb throughput. If you use P2P then you can buy server in a datacenter that will be on 24x7 and then FTP (which is not traffic shaped) from that server. Not sure about cost but I suspect maybe around $15 a month to rent a small virtual server ?

I’m afraid, other bigger sites will “eat” much bandwidth so traffic shaping or another mechanism is required.