Torguard OpenVPN working!

I was having trouble getting torguard to work, its a very affordable service that allows port forwards. the peplink cannot resolve the DNS names, so i connected with a client, and found the ip of what i wanted to use, second, no matter the ovpn file, peplink insists on port 1194, so i used that with the 128 cbc cipher, enabled tls 1.2 and i now connect!

update, the connection didn’t survive the night, i rebooted and was back in business, i have ticket ticket 21040099 so this can be looked at.

Update, no help of peplink, they keep insisting it’s likely not their problem, and TorGuard has a timeout (it doesn’t) but beyond that first hiccup, it’s been stable. I originally had 3 servers in the list generated from TorGuard config generator, essentially 3 opvn files put into one, I changed it so that I just have 3 remote addresses, all with proper port forwarding and ddns. I no longer care about cgnat, this is great! I do wish I could buy another openvpn wan license tho, hopefully we could see that one day.

update, the connection is going solid for 5+ days now. below is what i am using for a ovpn file

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ipaddress 1194
remote ipaddress 1194
remote ipaddress 1194
remote-cert-tls server
auth SHA1
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
tls-version-min 1.2
cipher AES-128-GCM
auth-user-pass
compress
tun-mtu-extra 32

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
scrubbed
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

1 Like

welp, it looks like my router needs a reboot to reconnect, it lost connection over night and would not reconnect, saying it cannot determine MTU, i have since adjusted MTU to 1500 (thats what it connected at before) as well as 1468 to accomodate for the “tun-mtu-extra 32”. i’m leaving it in a broken state in hope i can get thru to support, the place i bought it from appears to be out of business. remote support is on and really would like to get some help with this!