The MAX On-The-Go for streaming video, issue with SpeedFusion

Hello,

I have two box: MAX On-The-Go with license: SpeedFusion WAN Smoothing & Link Load Balancing. I planing to use it for sream video: first box installed in my offise and connect to Internet via wire connection. Second box are in the field - connected to Internet via 3XUSB 3G/LTE modems. I configured it`s, but PepVPN with SpeedFusion NOT started.

Where can be issue, way I can`t build PepVPN with SpeedFusion?

Thanks in advance.

We will need a bit more information to help you here.

Have you entered the serial numbers of each device in the other device?
Does the one in your office have a publicly accessible IP address and is this public IP address entered into the field unit?

1 Like

OK

1. I entered remote ID of each device in the other one.
  2. One have public IP in my office.

Hi Volodymyr,

If you want some help please give as much information as possible.
There are five states that the tunnel can be in, what message do you see on the web admin page?

Starting - The system knows about the profile and is either waiting for a connection or is trying to connect to the remote peer. If stuck here then checking the remote device ip addresses are set correctly is first on the list followed by external firewall closely in second.

Authenticating - The devices can see each other and begin Authentication. If stuck here then check Encryption setting and Peer ID settings is usually where you will find the issue.

Creating Tunnel - Authentication is successful and the tunnel is now being configured. Stuck at this state means that no tunnel can be established.

Updating routes - The tunnel is now created and the devices exchange routes. If stuck here then it is likely there is a route conflict. (the LAN subnet on each router might be the same)

Established - The tunnel is authenticated, established and routing info has been exchanged.

1 Like

Hello,

On the web admin page states - Starting.
More than one, I can connect my laptop to LAN and have Internet:

• via box in the office - via wire connection;
  • via box in the field - via USB 3G/LTE modems.

Please check if you can ping the public IP address used for configuring the Speedfusion tunnel from the remote Peplink.
The Peplink routers are currently not able to communicate with each other.
You first have to make sure the routers can reach each other, they use the public IP address in the Speedfusion profile to initiate the connection.
If that does not solve the issue please log a ticket here
Make sure Remote Assistance is enabled on the routers to allow Peplink support to check the configuration.
See: How to enable Remote Assistance

1 Like

OK

I have two box on my table, now.
First box connected to Internet via USB 3G modem.
Second box connected to Internet via USB 3G modem, they use the public IP address.
I used USB 3G modem from one Mobile operator and they in same subnetwork.
Speedfusion tunnel got status - Updating Routes…

What need check now?

Hi Volodymyr,

What are the ip addresses from your USB 3G modems?
If you don’t want to share these details please log a ticket with Peplink support as mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Erik

1 Like

Erik,

modem got it from DHCP.
first - aa.bb.cc.dd
second - ww.xx.yy.zz

Mod Note - scrubbed IPs out of post for Privacy

Hi Volodymyr,

Can you log a ticket and share the serial numbers and enable remote assistance?
I can ping both ip addresses from here, and don’t think that is causing the problem.
It is easier if you log a ticket and we’ll continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks

1 Like

OK
Case done: ID [Ticket #784151]

YES, Remote Assistance is enabled.

We will followup with you using support ticket

1 Like

Hello,

Both devices, having LAN subnetwork same. IP address subnetwork conflicted, overlapped. Need to change at one of the device LAN IP subnetwork address ( 192.168.51.1/24, or other one ) and this solve the issue.

OK.
My Speedfusion tunnel - Established.

Next step.

I to try to connect Internet and my smartfone for streaming.
I connected smartfone via LAN WI-FI, at the first box, in the field.
And connecting Internet via WAN WI-FI, at second box.
But, packet not passed via My Speedfusion tunnel.

Where is issue?

Thanks in advance.