The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be

When I try to access the Web Admin Interface via ethernet on my SurfSoho MK3 router version 8.** or later, I get “The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “***” which could put your confidential information at risk.”

I get this message on all browsers on all OS’s. Firefox and EDGE on my PC under Windows 10 or Firefox under Linux allow me to bypass the error/restriction and successfully logon to the Web Admin Interface.
My problem is that I cannot bring up the Web Admin Interface on my Apple iPhone xs, iPhone 6 or Air 2. I am able to connect and login to my older SurfSoho using any device.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome.

Assuming you are using Safari on your iDevices you can choose to accept the self signed certificate being presented by your router.

Tap on “show details” when you get the error page, and then on “visit this website”.

Tested just now on my iPhone running the latest iOS.

Or, add a local DNS record for https://captive-portal.peplink.com with your LAN IP as the host then use that instead of your IP to access the webadmin page.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. It worked. I was not well, not covid, until now. Im better now.
The screenshots you provided also appear on Firefox and MS Edge. Thanks again.

Thank you for your quick response. It worked. I was not well, not covid, until now. I am better now.
The screenshots you provided also appear on Linux and MS browsers.
Thanks again.

Is it strictly necessary to use “captive-portal.peplink.com” or could one use just about any valid-looking URL?

Yes. Since that is what the inbuilt SSL cert is configured for.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.