Thales modem in Balance 310 5G has no 5G SA option

The thales firmware for the 5g modem in the balance 310 5g, and I see no option for 5G SA. perhaps this is a problem with peplink, as the modem is fully capable of this. I notice the firmware is becoming dated and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with 5G SA? it’s just not in the options, Also, I don’t see a option to select just antenna “A” and antenna “B”, and swore that was going to be a option for these 5g modems with 4 antenna connections. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Hello…
Same issue here… Thales module, looking in datasheet, can support 5G SA/NSA, but Peplink don’t allow it to work at SA?
" in both Stand Alone (SA) and None Stand Alone (NSA) modes " https://www.codico.com/en/mpattachment/file/download/id/755/

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, although thales releases new firmware rather often, This firmware hasn’t been touched in some time.

Just one more thing…
Look the size of Thales module… small
Look the size of Quectel module… bigger

So… this is only because technology for silicon devices between companies are different or maybe Quectel is building a better hardware?

5G SA is coming. I have seen beta firmware for other models. We might see this with the upcoming 8.4.1.

1 Like

Yeah, I was skeptical too, but it’s OEM’d from Thales, but used in laptops branded as hp, ibm, Lenovo, i suspect it’s smaller perhaps because there are different SKUs depending on a usb 3 or native pcie could cut down on the die, sierra is a larger module too like the quectel. I prefer Sierra because I can get their firmware with no fuss. Thales, forget about it! You have to have a legit technical/business review to get that firmware. I love the em9191 5g. Both are Qualcomm based and 7nm. My2cents

1 Like