Telna SIMs have high latency?

I’ve been working with a UBR-LTE and a Balance 20X with a Verizon SIM and a handful of Telna SIMs (in the USA). Based on my experience so far, the Telna SIMs, whether connecting to ATT or T-Mobile, have significantly more latency than the Verizon. Verizon gets around 30ms typically and the ATT and T-Mobile connections are usually around 120ms. When using SpeedFusion Cloud to bond, it seems to favor the lower latency connection.
A) Is this typical?
B) Any suggestions about how to even out the load with Speed Fusion when there is a disparity like this wrt to latency?

Warren,

Which APN are you using for Telna?
Better to use dynamic bonding in this case.

Can you share an example of public ip you get from telna?

1 Like

APN used with Telna : altanwifi

A public IP that I have gotten with a Telna SIM: 18.204.157.11
Interestingly, the provider is listed as “Amazon” in speedtest.net and it tends to choose a server in Washington State (I’m currently in Illinois) if set to auto. I get better speeds if I choose a Chicago server.

Ok so apn is correct, you are using their US based PoP.

They dont have the same infrastructure model as the national operators in order to provide better worldwide experience overall.

You can also test using nperf.com.

I’ll ask them if they have other solutions for 100% US based usage.

1 Like

So I doublechecked with them, their outbreak is on the east coast.
From San Francisco I have 120ms latency but from Toronto I’m between 40ms & 75ms.

120ms from Illinois looks pretty high to me. Try out dynamic bonding to mitigate and make sure altanwifi is well applied as you mentioned ( US based outbreak APN)

1 Like