T-Mobile eSim

Hi. I have a new T-Mobile 5G data line activated with an eSim set up but can’t seem to get it to connect to my Pepwave 5G Max Adapter. Does anyone have any insight to getting this to work? The T-Mobile account is a business account and supposedly everything looks correct on their end. I have given them the IMEI # etc. When I pull up the Peplink Connection Manager for the Max adapter, it won’t let me turn on the “Modem”. The connection manager does work fine with an existing T-Mobile data sim card.
Is it possible the APN # is not correct? I am currently using b2b.static which works for the 5G sim but it doesn’t seem to help with the eSim.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

hey Tim I’m in the same boat now with 5G adapter, T-Mobile business and eSIM
My problem is even earlier than yours.
my eSIM ICCID starts with 8985 and T-Mobile said: First four numbers must be 8901

Did you got around that with the T-Mobile tech support?

No that hasn’t come up yet. TMobile is also asking for the MID number of the Max adaptoer but there seems to be no way to find it anywhere in the connection manager. I put a ticket into Peplink but no answer yet.

@Tim_Stratton, @AndrewSt, From what I have been able to figure out there is no way to use your own eSIM with the Max adapter. You need to use Peplink’s own eSIM service.

Please see SpeedFusion Services for more info

I had an issue with my Tmob sim. Could not connect. Hours on the phone with Tmob. No luck. Replaced it with another. Same problem. Replaced it with another. Same problem. It would show full bars, LTE and Roaming, Obtaining IP address loop. Connections are the same as with my ATT and VZ sim, so ??? Fought with them for 3 mos. Called today and got a new tech (always keep calling to get a new tech if they can’t fix it). Explained only what I shared above. He suggested turning on data roaming. BOOM! I’m online.

1 Like

When you use inControl2 you can use eSIM profiles with the Max Adapter directly.

It is also possible to use your own eSIM with the Max Adapter when connected to another Peplink that does support eSIM and is connected to inControl.

It is currently not possible to load your own eSIM profile without inControl2.

Keep in mind T-Mobile USA might limit which (e)SIM cards work with which hardware. Sometimes they have specific subscriptions that only work on T-Mobile hardware or mobile phones.