I am looking to send logs to a NAS device for the first time and found no details in the manual or the router UI about this.
- Does Peplink use BSD or IETF log formats?
- Should I use tcp or udp? The NAS defaults to UDP
- Can the logs be sent securely? The NAS can export a certificate, where/how would I import it?
- What is the schedule for sending logs to the syslog server? I ask because the NAS is scheduled to shut down at night. Will that be fatal, or will the router just try to send the logs again should there be a failure because the NAS is off?
- I know of two types of logs, the Event log and URL logs. If they are both sent to the same NAS box, will they appear on the NAS as one file/log or two?