Synergy Mode Experiment - BR1 Pro 5G and Transit Duo

I’m trying to get synergy mode to work. I’ve got it turned on in the Network > WAN of the 5G. I have updated the Transit Duo to 8.3.0 firmware, and have it properly connected via a network cable.

The post on this forum about Synergy mode says the firmware versions must match. This might be where things are having issues. Firmware versions:

• BR1 Pro 5G: 8.3.0 build 5229
  • Max Transit Duo: 8.3.0 build 5514

Why different? Because those are the versions presently on the public Firmware download site.

At this point the question is whether that build number difference is the issue, or it’s something else. If it’s the build number issue, it’d be nice to get a build 5229 for the Transit Duo.

1 Like

If it matters, InControl does have info on the Transit Duo, as it was the router in my RV before the Pro 5G. Not sure why that would be a factor, but figured I’d mention it.

A few things missing from the Synergy documentation.

• Make sure the WAN on the synergy controller unit is in Priority 4 and NOT disabled. This isn’t stated, though is in one of the graphics in the documentation. I typically have every device not in use, in disabled. That helped.

• The documentation says to not have the synergy device listed in any group in InControl. When adding device to InControl, it seems there is no way to add it without specifying a group. This is interesting, since now that I have the setup working, the synergy device is NOT in InControl, but if I log into the target device via the link on the WAN port of the synergy controller, it puts up a big warning to get the device connected to InControl at once. Should it be, or shouldn’t it be?

FWIW: We have the synergy devices registered in IC2, but in a group separate from other devices, and where the group does not perform any updates on the devices in the group. I.e., the devices, after being factory reset, are not affected by IC2.
This allows for IC2 control any time we dissolve the synergy relationship.
Z