Surf SOHO admin web admin page interface unavailable after initial setup

HI all I am helping a friend setup their surf soho but am running into a problem with the admin page. I have gone through the initial setup and changed passwords for the admin account as well as SSID. I then disabled the WAN access and enabled Wifi and connected to our marina network. The router then saves these change and then it no longer allows me to connect to 192.168.50.1 I get the following message
This site can’t be reached192.168.50.1 refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I can connect to it as an AP and access the internet through marina wifi just not the admin page. I can ping the web admin IP successfully. The only way I can get back in is to do a hard reset then I end up back at this point after configuring
From the dashboard right before it goes offline there is a message that says "unable to reach web admin. Connecting in 30s… and the cpu appears to be pegged at 100%

Firmware 8.2.1 build 5082

On the LAN side, access to the admin web interface can be from the untagged LAN or any defined VLAN. At first.

You can also change this so that only one VLAN can get at the web interface or that only the untagged LAN can get at it. Perhaps this is what is going on?

Even if your computer is on the 192.168.50.x subnet, that subnet has to be allowed to get at the web interface.

Then too, we have ports. Perhaps you are not using the correct port for the LAN side web interface.

The next time you go thru setup after a reset, leave WAN access on so you can see if the router is in a cpu loop and thats the problem.