Just connected a Surf OTG in WIFI as LAN mode. Using it to connect an IP cam to my wireless network. Have strong wifi coverage (-58 to -70 DB). Works great except that the unit keeps disconnecting from my Wifi AP (Cisco e4200) every few minutes and then reconnecting. Is offline for about 20 seconds, then back on. See screenshot below.
I noticed this because my Camera system sends me an update when the camera is connected/reconnected. So far this has happened at least 16 times from midnight today. Roughly every 15-45 minutes.
- Using Version: 1.0.19 (build:1085), which seems to be the latest build.
- connecting to Cisco e4200, on 2.4GHZ channel
- Wifi AP disabled (only used to connect IP cam on Cat5 to wireless LAN)
- WPA2 security
- Radio Mode: Auto, Full channel scanning
- Roaming: tried both on an off, made no difference.
- No other strong interfering wifi channels nearby
Puzzled, and may have to remove it from the network, as it’s not acting reliably. rebooted, reconfigured, created a new profile, all the same result.