Surf On the Go to another router on my sailboat

Hi all,
newbie here so please be gentle! :wink:

This is for a sailboat application to bring the marina hotspot signal below decks to stream Netflix.
So that I don’t lose speed on the already slow hotspot signal, I want to use mySurf on the Go to bring the signal in using an ASUS directional antenna I have and then, using an ethernet cable, feed the signal from the Pepwave to a D-Link travel router I bought years back. I don’t want the SOTG rebroadcasting but sending the signal out over the Ethernet cable… This way the Pepwave isn’t putting out half speed… right?
Is this possible???
Can I/How do I make this happen???

THANKS much for any help you can offer!!!
Doug

Hi Doug, you are not losing any actual speed by repeating the Wi-Fi signal through the SOTG. Your real bottleneck is the amount of bandwidth available to the SOTG from the hotspot itself. You could be connected at a very high data rate like 150 Mbps between the SOTG and the hotspot AP, but this is only the rate at which the devices themselves can talk to each other. It doesn’t matter what your data rate is at if the hotspot only provides 2 Mbps of bandwidth.

Thanks Tim!
I appreciate the response.
The problem is, and why I wanted to try something different, is that if I move around the boat and find the very best signal, I can see 10 mbps DL/3-4 UP if I connect directly to the Marina hotspot with my laptop, iPad and Galaxy S5, but when I connect thru the Pepwave with it in the strongest signal location, I see speed far less than half that fast.
The problem is that that “best location” is in an awkward spot to stand when trying to get a decent signal but placing the SOTG there was simple…

any suggestions?
Thanks
Doug

Doug, what kind of speed do you get to your laptop via Ethernet connected directly to the SOTG when it is in the best location?

I too would like to hear about sending the Ethernet output from the SOTG to another router for re-transmission when the SOTG is using WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE for input.

This is no problem, you just connect the Ethernet cable and your existing router will receive an IP from the SOTG. Keep in mind that if your existing router is also doing a NAT then you will have a double NAT environment (no big deal for regular outbound internet access).