Surf on the Go Sprint ZTE Warp or iPhoneX as modem

I was wondering if the Surf on the Go is compatible with either a USB Tethered iPhone X or USB connected ZTE Warp Connect as a 3G/4G modem on Sprint?

Please check the supported USB modem here. If the modem is not supported, please follow the guidance on the page. Please take note that we don’t support iPhone USB tethering currently.

Thanks.

1 Like

So far as I know that device cannot be connected directly to the SOTG. And, you’ll notice that it’s absent from the list @TK_Liew referenced (always the first place to check).

However, we’ve connected this device to the WAN side of two Peplink Balance devices via a device such as this – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAKCS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 – setup as a wi-fi bridge. Certainly not ideal, but it works.

1 Like

I just received a Surf on the Go and was able to connect it to my iPhone’s hotspot WiFi connection through Wifi as WAN.

Another question. When the Surf on the Go is in Wireless mode and connected to a local Wifi and using it as WAN, does the hard ethernet port on the Surf on the Go also provide a wired internet connection? For instance, could I use it to connect to a NAS or other hardwired Enet device.