Static Route on Peplink 710

Hi,

I think I am having a problem with static route…

• LAN: 192.168.200.x/24
  • FW: 192.168.1.2
  • Pep710: 192.168.1.1

In the FW box: I have defauft routed to 192.168.1.1 (Pep710)
In the Pep. box: I have route to LAN destination via 192.168.1.2 (FW) gateway.

I have configured Port Forwarding on Peplink to forward SSL VPN port to FW, everything is working smoothly.
I recently did not remember what to did, and everything is still working fine but now to the VPN works then need a route 192.168.1.0 gw 192.168.1.2.
In this case, why they must be routed while FW and Peplink have the same subnet.

Please advice me.
Thanks,
Luckyle,

Hi Luckyle,

I am not sure if we will need a static route 192.168.1.0 gw 192.168.1.2 for the VPN works - is the port forwarding rule properly configured for all ports needed? And what was changed in the network? As it does seem like we are missing something here.

Thanks,
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your reply, i think port forwarding is properly configured. I initially use NAT mode then switch to Drop-in mode and the last change was come back NAT mode, i guess that the problem appears since using NAT Mappings to map an IP LAN to external, i actually need to remove this route for more other purpose.

Please any idea,

Thanks,
Luckyle

Hi Luckyle,

Thanks for the elaboration and please correct me if I am wrong - if NAT mapping works well and port forwarding doesn’t it probably suggests that some other ports apart from the one(s) specified in the port forwarding rules(s) are needed for it to function properly?

We might want to take a closer look at your configuration and we can do this by filing a support ticket at http://www.peplink.com/contact/support/ if this involves exchanging some more sensitive information of your device and network.

Thanks,
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your email, please knowledge this before opening the case,

I want to confirm again that any port forwarding won’t work if without the route (192.168.1.0 gw 192.168.1.2)

Thanks,
Luckyle

Hi Luckyle,

Port forwarding will work without any static route - I myself for one is relying port forwarding on my Peplink for remote access without any static route configured - hence I believe we might be missing something in your configuration.

Thanks,
Kurt

Thanks Kurt,

I have submitted the ticket as your guide,

Thanks,
Luckyle

The issue is settled with the new firmware,

Thanks all,

Thanks Luckyle.

And feel free to share your Peplink experience with us to be in for a chance to win our latest Surf On-The-Go - the ultimate 3G-/4G-/WiFi-capable mobile router. Details are at http://www.peplink.com/win-surf-otg/.

Thanks,
Kurt