Starlink Stow/Unstow Option in 8.4.0 Firmware

A new feature in this release includes a toggle switch for stow/unstow, but I’m not seeing it in InControl or local interface…hint?

Which device are you using?

You must also go on Network/WAN and at the bottom, you’ll be able to select which WAN has a starlink. Once activated, you will see the option on InControl.

1 Like

Thanks Venn, worked perfectly! -Derek

1 Like

We are using MAX HD4 with WAN connection to Starlink.
After update to 8.4.0 I do not see Starlink option:

Not working on MAX HD4 devices?

nope

image.png

Damn, should have been nice.

I guess it will never work on HD4 devices? Also not in future?

After installing 8.4.0 on our Balance 305 and activating the starlink on WAN3 it show up nicely. However when I try to stow/unstow the starlink in incontrol I get an error. Is there something I should set in the starlink or should this work out of the box?

So when I load the NETWORK/WAN settings, STARLINK shows up briefly at the bottom, but as soon as the page finishes loading it disappears. Any thoughts/suggestions, or has anyone else encountered this? I’m running a MAX TRANSIT 5G with 8.4.0 build 5595.

After loading:

Upon further review, it appears like there are only 4 available slots under the WAN CONNECTION STATUS. For those devices with IPV6 as an option, STARLINK gets pushed off the bottom. I tried doing the quick click into the settings while it was loading but it didn’t work. Seems like a firmware fix might be in order?

@Stefan_Hoste - maybe the same problem you’re seeing. Check screen right as you click into WAN on the left…

I get the same error with both my starlinks, on a Balance Two. And yes, I did enable starlink in the network->WAN menu.

Will this be available for more devices in the future? I currently use the Balance 20X, the feature is not a necessity but would definitely be handy to have.

1 Like

I would find it useful if there were a way to put stow and reboot functions into the local balance interface for the starlink wan.