Starlink: Standard+Cellular, Two Standard, or High Performance?

Hi all, we use a MAX BR2 Pro in our RV with a Starlink Gen 2 Standard antenna and unlimited cellular (bypassing the Starlink router). I’m curious: which of these setups would result in the lowest latency and lowest number of disruptions in service over time?

1. Our setup ($300/mo)
  2. Two standard Starlink antennas (probably our Gen 2 and a Gen 3) and no cellular ($300/mo?)
  3. One high-performance Starlink antenna and no cellular ($150/mo)
  4. Some other combination ($?)

We’re in an RV but don’t need Starlink while we’re in motion. We work remotely, and that’s when we see latency and reliability issues. Streaming is rarely an issue. Thanks!

We are an Authorized Peplink & Starlink Solution Provider and we have found that the high performance dish is a significant improvement.

Summary:
Low or no obstructions (obviously depends if your not in a forest)
shorter/less dropouts
Faster speed.
140° field of view vs 90° improved view of the sky.
More power better at acquiring signal.
MMore
Check out post here where we mounted one on our Tesla for demos. Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

Also watch this video very good comparison.

We sell starlink flat high performance and peplink devices , service plans and support after the sale.
Pm me or send me an email [email protected]

2 Likes

if you want an unbreakable connection, youd want multiple WANs from diverse sources. personally i usually run wifi wan (for campsite/marina) plus starlink, with cellular as well. also have a second cellular handy. at all times i have at least 2-3 WANs up and running from completely different providers.

1 Like

What carrier/plan are you using for your unlimited cellular?

We’ve been really happy with i3 Mobile.