Speedtest.net On demand test and shared image link return

Now that we have connection tests in IC2 one of which runs speedtest.net tests I think,
can we please have a speedtest button in the UI (either on device on in IC2) that lets us run a test on demand and then logs to the event log the link to the image?

eg https://www.speedtest.net/result/15738456737.png

I would like to have a drop down next to the button that lets me select any WAN or SpeedFusion Tunnel to run the test against.

Yes I know and understand the limitations of speedtest.net as a service BUT it is how customers measure their speeds so being able to remotely trigger these on demand (and test the impact of tweaking settings as if I’m a user on site) would be really useful.

5 Likes

I support this feature, or a similar subset of.

The ability to do something similar would be useful.

Also, features other brands have that can run from the router on each WAN link would be useful to determine speeds.

Example attached of what Celerway does.

1 Like

It’s in a werid place to do manually, I agree it should be on the wan page of the device itself.

Go to group → network settings → connection tests

It also only logs to the speedtest graph under a different place
Device level → device → reports> connection test reports.

1 Like

Absolutely - but for customer that wants a simple “speedtest NOW” button… This would help :smiley:
And also something they “understand”…

2 Likes

@Michael can you please review feasible of adding a quick speed test button on the device dash board or the
Device level → device → reports> connection test reports page ? It is a challenge to navigate the current method.

Also logging the results in the event log on manual and automatic triggers could be helpful as well.

1 Like

Yes, and those graphs are great but when you need a one off test is overkill, I’d love to see the speedtest.net image link available. maybe in the tooltip?

1 Like

I agree. This is a must have to please end customers and many other competing routers offer it. For example, this is prominently displayed as one of the tools in Cradlepoint routers and can be run from the cloud portal. See screenshot below:

3 Likes

I am the founding member of “CAST” Campain Against Speed Testing

Stop wasting bandwidth, it affects us all and slows down the entire World Wide Web

Joking aside though, I think it’s a great idea.

We did it with a KVM for one of our clients so they did have a one click option, but in the UI would be just perfect.

2 Likes

We have done similar thing in Docker… But again, not as nice and not possible on non-docker devices.

1 Like

We will add a button menu (like the InTouch one) at the device level for initiating one of the connection tests that are defined for the device. Thanks for your suggestion.

6 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like