Speedfusion Not Enabling Priority 2 Connection Unless All Priority 1 Connections Down

Speedfusion is not behaving the way I would expect. I have 5 connections available, 2x WAN, 2X Wifi as WAN and Cellular. In my speedfusion setup, I want the 2x WAN connections set as Priority 1, the 2 Wifi as WAN as Priority 2, and Cellular as Priority 3. My goal is for WAN smoothing to be working optimally, which requires 2 active connections. However, if only one of my Priority 1 connections goes down, it does not activate one of the Priority 2 connections, so WAN smoothing is not occurring. I don’t simply want to add more than 2 connections to be Priority 1 and incur bandwidth overhead unnecessarily. Help is appreciated!

Its not designed to work that way. There are no WAN groups, just priority groups.

What are the WAN connections?
I would usually suggest you put all but cellular WANs in priority 1 (dashboard and speedfusion profile) then set latency cut off to exclude the 2 x wifi links based on latency. Cellular WANs can be in P2 in the profile, P1 on the dashboard.

Primary WAN is Starlink High Performance. Secondary WAN is T-Mobile Home Internet. I then will use Wifi as WAN in various RV parks. Current spot is a really solid Fiber network, but most of the time these connections are unreliable. Lastly is true Cellular with an ATT plan I activate as needed.

Most of the time, I want Starlkink and TMobile to be in Priority 1. If one of those drops, I’d like it to pick up a secondary connection to keep WAN Smoothing working, but sounds like I can’t really accomplish that?

Not really no. I can’t think of a tidy automated way to achieve this.

@MartinLangmaid

Could he use sub tunnels to have two different sets of wan smoothing?

Yes, but there is no obvious way to trigger an outbound policy change when a single WAN fails in one subtunnel to then redirect traffic via the 2nd subtunnel.

We could script it I suppose. Monitor the P1 wans - if one is in failed state, change the outbound policy order so the 2nd subtunnel is used. But that will get messy quick.

Better to put all the connections in a single tunnel profile, then manually control which WANs are used by dragging and dropping them into and out of priority levels on the dashboard.

@Stevew/ peplink Any thoughts on how to achieve the desired results?