Speedfusion link Drop unexpectedly

Hi ,

i have network that include 2 MAX BR1 hw2 + 2 Balance 380 HW6
between them there is Speedfusion VPN on layer 2 .

each MAX have 2 VPN connection , one for each BL380.
after all connection establish and working and all the network is running

if one of the BL380 disconnected then it disconnected the 2 VPN link in each of the MAX.

what i was expected to happen is that only the BL380 link that was disconnected will drop and
the other line will stay online.

can someone explain what this is happening .

thanks

Is this configured manually or are you using IC2 for the SpeedFusion configuration?

1 Like

configure manually .
if i use the same configuration with 2 MAX BR1 (replacing the BL380)
there is no problem .

This is not expected. I need more input.

1. Please provide the firmware version for both Balance 380.
  2. Please provide the firmware version for both BR1 that replaced the Balance 380.
  3. Please provide the firmware version for both BR1 (spoke side).
1 Like

1 . both Balance 380 - 7.1.0 2287
2 all MAX BR1 - 7.1.2 3310

Test that i made :

1. Balance 380 (A) ↔ VPN to MAX BR1 (TEST1)
  2. MAX BR1 (B) ↔ VPN same MAX BR1 (TEST1)
  3. Balance 380 (A) ↔ VPN to MAX BR1 (TEST2)
  4. MAX BR1 (B) ↔ VPN same MAX BR1 (TEST2)
    TEST1 have 2 VPN active.
    TEST2 have 2 VPN active

When i disconnect the Balance 380 (A) the connection in TEST1 and in TEST2 to MAX BR1 (B) stay alive. (as expected).

Same Test the only change is BL380.

1. Balance 380 (A) ↔ VPN to MAX BR1 (TEST1)
  2. Balance 380 (B) ↔ VPN same MAX BR1 (TEST1)
  3. Balance 380 (A) ↔ VPN to MAX BR1 (TEST2)
  4. Balance 380 (B) ↔ VPN same MAX BR1 (TEST2)
    TEST1 have 2 VPN active.
    TEST2 have 2 VPN active

When i disconnect the Balance 380 (B) the both VPN connection in TEST1 dropped , after few seconds the VPN to (A) is reestablished
the VPN connection on TEST2 to (A) stay alive as expected

disconnect tested in 3 ways - removing the network cable , cut the power , reboot
same happen if i disconnect (B) and not (A).

VPN is defined with Layer 2 and network mask 255.255.0.0 /16 (this is my client requirements)
all MAX were connected on local network with DHCP. The BL380 (A) is on a remote site connected thru the Internet on local WAN (no cellular involved ).

@David_AB, look like both tests are doing the same testing method, am I right?

May I know this is your setup?

Balance 380 (A)          BR1/Balance 380 (B)
       \                   /
        \                 /
         \               /
          \             /
               BR1

If the diagram is correct, may I know there is a physical connection/SpeedFusion connection between A and B?

Test 1 and test 2 give two different results even you did the same testing method, am I right?

1 Like

No connection between (A) and (B) , you must add another BR1 that connect to the same (A) and (B).

TEST1 and TEST2 were connected at the same time what happen is that on one of them always one connection stay alive and on the other’s both connection were cut .

When i add another BR1 (TEST3) he got the same disconnection on both VPN

In all of my test only one BR1 manage to keep one VPN alive and all other BR1 always dropped both VPN.

@David_AB, I got you now. I would suggest using the latest firmware version to do the testing. We do fix a lot of SpeedFusion related issues since 7.1.0.

Look like you are getting help from support team. Please provide the config file for both Balance 380 and BR1. We can do a test here with latest firmware version.

1 Like