SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE Setup

Sorry if this seems kind of obvious but: is there a setup guide anywhere for SFConnect LTE? I have a plan/serial, I have it activated on a BR1-Pro-5G, and now… where do I go to actually use the data balance? I figured it would be under Cellular settings or something like that; or does it have to go through SpeedFusion connect? Been searching for an hour and I can’t seem to find a basic how-to-enable guide.
Thanks.

I have a BR1 somewhere I’ll turn on and grab some screenshots , but to start using the data you click on the cellular details button on the dashboard and then in the SIM section choose SpeedFusion Connect.

@trmacoy,

I had posted some instructions a few months back.

Here’s the link - Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

1 Like

Thanks for that. I didn’t get the SpeedFusion checkbox until I rolled back to the firmware Cable mentioned. Once it came up I was able to turn it on, and it appears to connect but then fails the SmartCheck (or any test I throw at it). The router also doesn’t show up under the SFC management page alongside my other devices. Probably need to elevate this to a ticket, welcome any other thoughts if anyone has them.

Is it under a different organization, or not added to your InControl account in general?

Eh… yeah. It’s my second BR1 that I picked up on eBay. I nudged the seller about releasing it from their InControl, haven’t heard anything back. So does that lock me out of using SF-LTE on it?

A slight topic-drift: If your seller claimed to sell you something in the ebay “used” category (full functionality, but not new) having IC2 disabled is sufficient grounds for cancelling the sale (if you want to). IC2 functionality is part of being fully functional, after all.

Cheers,

Z

Good to know, unfortunately a bit late, the sale was a few months back. I wasn’t really worried about InControl at the time (this is a backup unit only) but didn’t know you needed it to run SFConnect.

I think I recall reading there’s no way to get a unit released from InControl?

That’s my understanding.

W.r.t ebay, I don’t know what time limit there might be on cancelling a transaction due to a deficient functionality.

Z

@trmacoy, Peplink changed their policy about removing devices from already controlled accounts, I believe about March/April 2022 or so.

You still might be able to file a ticket and provide all the information that was originally able to be used, and get someone to remove it, so you can add it.

You are also creating a lot of work to verify and change something. Everything would depend on who responded to the actual ticket, and was willing to take the time.

Not sure how much you paid, but I’m sure a partner/reseller could have sold you the same device without the hassle. The trade off might have been a few dollars more, but well worth the frustration.

1 Like