Speedfusion confusion

I purchased the MAX HD4 and was under the impression that I could bond 2+ cellular connections. I wanted to take 2+ cellular connections and combine them into one “pipe”…After doing some more research, it doesn’t seem like I can do that. Am I correct?

1 Like

Hi there,

The MAX HD4 is definitely capable of bonding multiple internet connections.
You may have misunderstood how SpeedFusion Bandwidth Bonding works.

Without making it too complex, it’s technically impossible to perform bandwidth bonding with just one device.
SpeedFusion Bandwidth Bonding is a VPN technology, which means you will need to set up a SpeedFusion VPN tunnel to another Peplink SpeedFusion capable device/appliance.
Examples of this would be a Peplink Balance 305 or Peplink FusionHub in a datacenter, somewhere.

1 Like

@Joey_van_der_Gaag is right, to bond the two connections you’ll need another device (physical or virtual) somewhere else on the internet to send the bonded traffic to so that it can then breakout to the internet.

however with just an HD4 you’ll be able to do load balancing across up to 4 cellular links, so if you just need more bandwidth for multiple users then the HD4 will work fine.

If you need a single session (like a file download or a video stream) to be able to use more bandwidth than a single cellular connection.can provide you’ll need SpeedFusion bonding.

2 Likes