Speedfusion-Config - Mix Incontrol+Manual

Hi!

Is there any possibility to mix Incontrol2 and manual Configs for Speedfusion?

Background:
I have to set up the whole infrastructure as StarTopology.
One special-client has to terminate on the same hub, BUT need sub-tunnels for speedfusion. Is there any possibility to do this without having to manage the whole VPN-infrastructure without speedfusion?

Thank you
Regards,
KPS

Hello KPS,

At this time we do not support IC2 and manual configuration of SpeedFusion. I will check into if this is on the road map and if we have an ETA.

1 Like

Hi KPS,

I actually have a build of IC2 on our development servers where we allow for a hybrid IC2/FW managed mode for PepVPN. We’re targeting for the 2.8.0 release, but as it’s a rather involved change and needs to be tested exhaustively to prevent breaking any existing configuration setups, I can’t promise a release date.

Basically, yes, it’s on our roadmap, and if there’s no potholes, it’ll be in your hands soon.

-James

1 Like

@JamesPep
Are there any news? I cannot use IC2 for my Speedfusion deployments, because I need the possibility to setup “special-cases” manually.

Thank you!
KPS

Still targetted for the upcoming 2.8.0 release. Should be fine unless testing uncovers something unexpected.

1 Like

@JamesPep
Is there any schedule for the release?

Internally, yes. Externally… usually the answer would be “Q4, 2018”, otherwise we end up in a situation where it’s a choice between missing a public date and shipping a product we’re unhappy with.

And honestly, when I make any changes to the pepvpn generation code, it needs to be the next best thing to bombproof.

Unless someone else chimes in, best I can say is ‘soon’

1 Like