SpeedFusion clients

Hi,

Is there a possibility to have multiple computers in one LAN, where each computer sets up his own SpeedFusion Protect tunnel to one out of several sites, where each site is behind a Pepwave MAX router, having the same internal subnet? Is there a kind of SpeedFusion client, like with VPN Clients, that can run on a computer to connect that computer to a remote network, having the additional features and functionalities offered by SpeedFusion Protect? Or do I need to setup a local FusionHub and create routes for every single computer in the LAN towards its assigned remote site?

For clarification, take this example:

HQ LAN: several hosts in 10.100.1.0/24 subnet
10 remote sites: each site using its own 10.100.2.0/24 subnet, consisting out of several hosts

Can I connect PC A with IP 10.100.1.10 to the network of remote site A, having a route to 10.100.2.0/24 on site A, and PC B with IP 10.100.1.11 to the network of remote site B having the same route towards 10.100.2.0/24 but this time being routed to site B?

And when PC A wants to connect to site B, is there an API to adjust the route to site B?

I know, it’s a bit of a stretch and it would be easier to have each remote site having its own dedicated IP subnet, but that imposes some other difficulties that be a real burden.

Thanks!

Hi Peter.
What you will want to play with is Virtual Network Mapping.

This lets you keep the 10.100.2.0/24 subnet duplicated across all the remote sites, but you can then give each site a unique /24 range that is available over VPN so you can target specific sites using their allocated unique subnet.

Typically I would deploy a FusionHub for all the remote sites to connect to enable VNM on that FusionHub and then route the PCs via that Fusionhub (either locally or over OpenVPN) for access.

My company offers this hosted bit as a managed service if that’s of interest.

I even found an old video explaining it here:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Martin! Virtual Network Mapping is indeed the thing to play with. We are actually using this already in another setup, will test it asap with the Peplink setup. Thanks!