SpeedFusion and Outbound Policy

Hello,

One of my customer is currently using an MPLS network to provide network connectivity between two branches.
In order to provide backup link, a SpeedFusion VPN has been configured using ADSL line at each site.
Problem, when the speedfusion VPN is up, routes are exchanged correctly between SpeedFusion peer and the traffic flows through the SpeedFusion VPN link instead of the primary link (MPLS).
Even if I force, using Outbound policy priority mode, the traffic to use the primary link, it always use the VPN link…
PS : the SpeedFusion is configured to use the ADSL line only.
What can I do to solve this problem ??

Topology

LAN A - PEPLINK A------------MPLS----------------PEPLINK B - LANB
-ADSL-----INTERNET----ADSL----

Regards,

HA

Hi Paul, add the MPLS link to the SpeedFusion profile and set its priority to 1 and the DSL priority to 2. This will allow all traffic to be routed across the MPLS line but still be able to fail-over to the DSL line in real time without the tunnel breaking.

Hello Tim,

First, thanks a lot for your help.

I also tried this configuration.
Basically, on the PEPLINK site A, I configured the SpeedFusion peer is following way:

• IP address : PEPLINK_B_MPLS_WAN1_IP_ADDRESS and PEPLINK_B_ADSL_WAN2_IP_ADDRESS
  • Priority 1: MPLS and Priority 2: ADSL

On the PEPLINK site B, I configured the SpeedFusion peer is following way:

• IP address : PEPLINK_A_MPLS_WAN1_IP_ADDRESS and PEPLINK_A_ADSL_WAN2_IP_ADDRESS
  • Priority 1: MPLS and Priority 2: ADSL

When I unplugged the cable of the MPLS line on PEPLINK A, I can see in the Speedfusion statistics that PEPLINK A sends traffic over the ADSL line (Tx Counter is increasing).
But on the PEPLINK B, it still use the MPLS line…
So, network connectivity !!

Regards,

HA

Hi,

Last infos: running 5.4.9 release on both devices.

Regards,

HA

Sorry !
So, NO network connectivity !!

Are you saying that the SpeedFusion tunnel breaks when you unplug the MPLS at site A?

I’m not sure I completely understand what it is you are trying to do, I suggest you open a support ticket via our website so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Hello,

“Are you saying that the SpeedFusion tunnel breaks when you unplug the MPLS at site A?”
Exactly !!

Regards,

HA

HA, sounds like a configuration issue then and we’ll need to take a look at your diagram and diagnostic reports via a support ticket. Please open one if you haven’t already done so.

Hello,

It seems it’s possible to override SpeedFusion outbound policy using Expert mode.
I will try…

Regards,

HA

Hello,

The problem is solved !
It’s possible to map the local WAN interface (used by the speedfusion) to remote specific WAN interface of speedfusion peer (required 5.4.9 version).

Regards,

HA