Specific dns

hello

please add this features specific dns on diffrent LAN for example 192.168.0.1/24 goes to opendns and 192.168.1.1/24 goes to google public dns.

thanks

Hello,

Appreciate if you could give a example of why you would need this setup this way.

hello

thanks for your response peter, the reason why i need this setup because i work in a hotel eg. all admin office subnet using opendns ip for blocking purposes and guest/rooms subnet using public dns (transparent) and exemted in firewall as well. i have now a peplink 380 demo provided by one of your reseller my boss is ready to buy this equiptment but we found out that this function not included inside the box. can you please consolidate this function so in the next version will be added?

thanks

Hi,

This can be achieved with setup below.

Assume 192.168.0.0/24 is Vlan 2 and 192.168.1.0/24 is Vlan 3.

1. Assign Vlan 2 (192.168.0.0/24) with OpenDNS
  • Network > Network Setting > Vlan 2 > DHCP Server > DNS Servers > Unchecked “Assign DNS server automatically” > Enter OpenDNS IP for DNS Server 1 and 2.
  1. Assign Vlan 3 (192.168.1.0/24) with Google DNS
  • Network > Network Setting > Vlan 3 > DHCP Server > DNS Servers > Unchecked “Assign DNS server automatically” > Enter Google DNS IP for DNS Server 1 and 2.