Solution Requested

Dear Guys,

Kindly we need solution based on the attached network diagram for connectivity between three sites.

The current situation is as below:

• Three sites connecting to each other using point to point wireless links according to the diagram.
  • there are two paths between each site using wireless links.
  • average bandwidth of each wireless link is mentioned on the diagram.
  • All wireless radios are in bridge mode.
  • Plant2 is the head office and the center point.

**Requested Solution is:

• Aggregate bandwidth of these two wireless links to increase bandwidth between each site using Peplink solutions. also fail-over is needed in case of one wireless link goes down.

** Please give us solution and recommended models to deploy. also I need to know if its possible to use regular load balancing instead of SpeedFusion when all radios are in bridge mode ?

Waiting your reply,

Best,

Hootan

SpeedFusion would be the best way to deploy this network for the request to aggregate bandwidth. This will give you session persistence as well for the best kind of fail-over.

The wireless connections between Plant 2 Plant 3 have the most available bandwidth, close to 80 Mbps combined for each direction. Balance 710 routers are rated for 160 Mbps of SpeedFusion VPN throughput if bandwidth is used in both directions simultaneously.

Some of the new features for SpeedFusion in 6.2 firmware might be helpful for this network.

Dear Ron,

Thanks for your reply,
I have some Qs:

I need to know Exactly which models do you recommend to deploy on each site if we need to get the full throughput without CPU overhead ?
Do you recommend to user VPN on layer 2 or layer 3 as radios are in bridge mode?
Which features in firmware 6.2 you think would be helpful for this network ?
How much packet overhead do you think we will have on this network for SpeedFusion ?
If we need to use Peplink full capacity for SpeedFusion, then how much router throughput would be remain for Internet load balancing ?

Thanks - Hootan

Hello …

Hi Hootan,

To finalize the deployment requirement, possible for you to provide the physical connections method that we can use to connect the balance device and the WIFI P2P Plant ? The info is not included in the given diagram.

Beside that, how many users expected to have for each of the sites.

Hi,

You’re question regarding physical connection to balance is not clear for me. as I know there would be Ethernet cable directly attached to WAN port of the Peplink from the p2p antenna.
the number of users would be about 200-300 in each plant.

Thanks

Please find more details below :

Estimated Number of Users in Plant1: 300
Estimated Number of Users in Plant2: 600
Estimated Number of Users in Plant3: 300

Best,

Hootan

Hi Hootan,

Just to confirm how many P2P AP/Antenna are available for each plant ? If only one P2P AP/Antenna (multiple PTP connections) & one Ethernet cable connect from the P2P AP/Antenna to the Balance device then SpeedFusion bonding/bandwidth aggregation are not able to be consider here.

Else if each P2P connections between the plants are handle by multiple P2P AP/Antenna separately, then SpeedFusion Bonding & bandwidth aggregation for the multiple P2P connections are achievable. Balance will consider each of the P2P connections as standalone WAN link & the available P2P connections can be aggregated or bonded together.

May i know currently the available path for each site (Two paths between each site using wireless links) are running as active - active or active- passive ?

Thank You

Hi, I got the point. there is different ptp radios on each site with different Ethernet cables which could be consider as separate WAN link. the path for each site are now running as active-passive but we need to make it active-active and make sure we can aggregate and combine the bandwidth of PTP radios.

Thanks - Hootan

Hi Hootan,

Plant 2 and plant 3 has the most bandwidth available between them. Combining the upload/download bandwidth between these two sites I come up with near 165 Mbps. Plant 2 will also have a VPN to plant 1 with nearly 103 Mbps upload/download.

Plant 2 running both VPNs will have the potential for reaching around 268 Mbps of simultaneous upload/download SpeedFusion VPN throughput. The Balance 1350 is rated for 350 Mbps of SpeedFusion VPN throughput so it can handle this.

I would deploy layer 3 SpeedFusion VPNs and expect around 10% for VPN overhead with encryption enabled. There are many new features in 6.2 that may be helpful such as WAN smoothing,

Dear Ron,

Thanks for your reply,

so you mean deploying balance 1350 on plant 2 and 710 for other plants ?

another question , if we disable encryption is it possible to use 710 on plant2 and 380/580 on other plants ?

Best,

Hootan